Monday, March 1, 2010

Ideas

Well, after weeks of silent contemplation I have finally compiled my list of options for my SRP. I've commented on all of them, briefly going over the variables and whether or not they would actually be practical to do.

Well, without further ado:

1. Different brands/types of chocolate and how their chemical composition would be changed depending on how they were melted or cooled.

This is basically a 'is it better to heat chocolate in the microwave or over-the-stove' test. My variables would be the type/brand of chocolate, the time spent in the microwave etc.
This is a really complicated experiment and is going to be too hard to test

2. The best conditions for growing grass and the best grass to grow in Sydney conditions.

This would be a very time consuming experiment. I would control the type of grass, as well as the amount of sunlight and water received.
Although this experiment would require a small amount of time every day, I think this is a good way to make sure I actually do my work and update regularly.

3. How many people try to pick up a coin glued to the floor

This is actually a really cool experiment. It sounds really basic but if I change the type of coin and control the number of people passing, I might actually find out something interesting.

4. How different weather conditions affected the strength of blutac

Yes, I know I stole the idea from Ms Zhang's list of ideas, but it's a good experiment and could change the way people put up posters forever :) It would be hard to control the weather conditions though, because i wouldn't be able to test for extremes.

Well, there they are. I'll be back soon with an update on what I'm going to do, I need to talk it over with my parents (they need some input, they'll be paying)

Liesl

No comments:

Post a Comment