N.B: As I won’t know exactly the types of grass and soil until I buy them this weekend, I have called the different types of soil A, B and C. I have done the same with the grass.
1. 1. Place 9 small takeaway containers on a table outside in a sunny place.
2. 2. Label the containers 1-9 using sticky notes. See Figure 1.
3. 3. Fill containers 1-3 with Soil A 5cm deep.
4. 4. Fill containers 4-6 with Soil B 5cm deep.
5. 5. Fill containers 7-9 with Soil C 5cm deep.
6. 6. Plant 40 Grass A seeds into containers 1, 4 and 7. Plant the seeds approximately 5mm deep.
7. 7. Plant 40 Grass B seeds into containers 2, 5 and 8. Plant the seeds approximately 5mm deep.
8. 8. Plant 40 Grass C seeds into containers 3, 6 and 9. Plant the seeds approximately 5mm deep.
9. 9. Write labels for each container clearly stating the type of grass and soil, contact and glue to a paddle pop stick. Place the corresponding paddle pop stick into each container.
10.10. Repeat steps 1-9 twice, keeping the containers on separate tables in the same spot outside.
11. 11. Water each container with the same amount (150ml) on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
12. 12. Take a photo and measure sprouts with a millimetre ruler on Sunday, recording the results.
13. 13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 for 4 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment